Song For MK
As part of the MK50 Celebrations Events Managed alongside our partners Milton Keynes City Orchestra, Unit Nine Studios, Marshall Amplification, One MK, Intu Milton Keynes and MK Dons Sport and Education Trust will be searching for the best new song about our beloved new city.
This is the opportunity for you if you are folk or funk, classical or thrash metal, we want to hear from you!
We're giving the next budding Lennon and McCartney, Jess Glynn or David Guetta the opportunity to have their work seen by industry experts with the winners piece being professionally produced by Unit Nine Studios and released as a single raising money for our two supported charities, Milton Keynes City Orchestra and MK Dons Sport and Education Trust.
To win simply submit your entry using the form below by the closing date of 12.05.17 Rules are below and a range of prizes are available for the winner and runners up.
In addition to the great first prize, there will be additional performance opportunities to promote your song as the official song of MK50 at a range of events throughout the celebration calendar.
Rules are as follows:
- Songs must be entirely new material
- Songs must link to Milton Keynes, either through words or through the story of the piece
- Songs must be submitted in MP4 format and be available to be seen in sheet music for a future potential project
- The decision of the judging panel is final
- Entries may be submitted up until 12.05.2017 with no entries received after that point valid for entry
- Judging will take place at a date to be determined in May 2017 for the artist to be informed prior to the official MK50 celebration/ launch event in June
- Prizes are as follows: 1st Place - Your song professionally produced and released as a single; 2nd Place - Marshall Amplification gift; Runners up prizes - I-tunes voucher, Milton Keynes City Orchestra concert tickets and others TBC.
- There is no cash alternative to prizes offered